Saturday, June 07, 2008

Bootsrapping a core essential!



in most cases, we are normally challenged in the face of opportunity, life is like that! at times were pressed for money, skills or sometimes time and energy to chase the opportunity ahead. Some end up in chasing dreams that were never destined to be theirs in the first place. What I gain through these years is that you have no choice but to be in some form of control over your destiny as an entrepreneur. Being born in a lower middle income environment in Kuala Lumpur, money was never luxurious for me in those childhood days in school. Hence I am never submissive to be disadvantaged by it, I know deep in myself I will be a respectable and successfull entrepreneur,

Discovering the true meaning of bootsrapping is really inspiring, put to test I have managed to build a further the brand with the little resources to begin with. Catalyst is now accepted in the graduate business school of University Malaya and the entrepreneurial fraternity. The trigger for me to pursue further the bootstrapping technique has led to the creation of Bootsrapper's Asia on facebook for me If i can grow this community I will be directly contributing to the growth of entrepreneurs of a different breed the one that has the tenets to survive. Here is the Bootstrapper's Manifesto shared,

Bootstrapper's Manifesto - Seth Godin

I pledge to know more about my field than anyone else I will read and learn and teach. My greatest asset is the value I can add to my clients through my efforts.

I realise that treating people well on the way up will make it nicer for me on the way back down. I will be scrupulously honest and overt in my dealings, and wont use my position as a fearless bootstrapper to gain unfair advantage. My reputation will follow me wherever I go, and I will invest in it daily and and protect it fiercely

I am the underdog. I realise that others are rooting for me to succeed, and I will gratefully accept their help when offered. I also understand the power of favours, and I will offer them whenever I can.

I have less to lose than most, a fact I can turn into a significant Competitive advantage.

I am a salesperson. sooner or later , my income will depend on sales, and those sales can be made by only me , not by an emissary, not by a rep. I will sell by helping others get what they want, by identifying needs and filling them.

I am a guerilla. I will be persistent , consistent , and willing to invest in the marketing of myself and my business.

I will measure what I do , and wont lie about it to myself or my spouse . I will set strict financial goals and honestly evaluate my performance . I'll set limits on time and money and wont exceed either.

Most of all, I'll remember that the journey is the reward . I will learn and grow and enjoy every single day.

http://www.facebook.com/inbox/readmessage.php?t=23870065794&f=1&e=0#/group.php?gid=11191114180

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home